If you are in the middle of a layover in Dubai with a significant amount of time at hand, make it the perfect excuse to explore this world-renowned bustling city. Known for impeccable hotels, luxury shopping, and modern architecture, Dubai is home to some of the world’s highest skyscrapers and finest restaurants. While spending a few days in Dubai is ideal, you can tick off some of the major attractions in a couple of hours with some Dubai day tour packages. Here’s a list of things you could do or places you could go while exploring Dubai in a day:
1. Begin the city sightseeing at the 124th Level of the Burj Khalifa’s ‘At The Top’ observatory, the tallest skyscraper in the world that offers an enthralling view of the entire city, the gulf region, and sandy deserts.
2. Rent an abra or a water taxi for a private trip up to the Dubai creek to explore the gleaming skyscrapers on one side and the traditional local souks on the other side.
3. Take a hop-on hop-off bus tour and tour the city for a fascinating perspective of old and new architectural marvels.
4. For dune bashing, sandboarding, camel rides or traditional Arabian experiences in a Bedouin-style camp, head for the Dubai desert which offers multifarious experiences.
5. For an offbeat experience choose a seaplane tour of the city to get a bird’s eye view of the stunning sights. You can choose a scenic aerial seaplane tour from some Dubai Tour packages which are one of a kind and will leave you with memories that will last forever.
6. A Dubai tour is likely to remain incomplete without a visit to the narrow alleys of the traditional souks. Reminiscent of bygone days, the Gold souks and Spice souks are usually the most recommended. Walking the alleys, while you soak in the aroma of nutmeg, turmeric, and cinnamon, is nothing short of a sensory feast and an excellent way to wrap up your exploration.
7. The Al Fahidi fort, built in 1799 to defend the city against invasion, now restored, houses the Dubai Museum where the collection includes galleries that display Arab Bedouin houses, date orchards, mosques, desert, and marine life, apart from full-sized figures.
8. Since this Middle Eastern city is world-famous for fashion boutiques, retail haute couture, hi-tech electronics, and accessories, don’t forget to pay a visit to the world’s largest shopping mall and purchase products of exclusive international brands at very reasonable prices.
9. If none of this fascinates you, head for a more simplistic Dubai Fountain show outside the Dubai Mall, anterior to the Burj Khalifa. It is the world’s largest choreographed fountain system with the jets throwing the water up as high as 140 meters.
10. To wind up your day with a gastronomic experience, head to a traditional restaurant that offers you the best of Turkish and Lebanese cuisine.
Choose from this diverse range of options and make use of your time in Dubai to the fullest.
Send a Message
Send us your query and one of our travel experts will get back to you shortly