Ever dream of a destination filled with lush mangroves, Arabian sands, pink flamingos, deserted fishing towns, sumptuous Lebanese food and the pristine white beaches? Yes, it is Ras Al Khaimah (RAK). Being an hour and half drive from Dubai city, Ras Al Khaimah is one of the seven emirates that make up the UAE and is the northernmost emirate with endless golden sand dunes on either side of the road replete with multiple camel farms, neighbouring Oman, and facing the great Arabian Sea. Backed by the rugged mountains, it is one of the best places for outdoor enthusiasts, thanks to the diverse scenery ranging from sandy beaches to sprawling oases and hot springs to sun-baked desert. The city has beautiful scenery, a prosperous cultural history, and remarkable archaeological heritage.
Most people visiting the UAE head to RAK for a more traditional and authentic Arabian experience. The RAK houses a diverse blend of hot mineral springs, sandy beaches, mangrove forests, sprawling lagoons, and date farms surrounded by the Hajar Mountains. Archaeological evidence suggests that the civilization there spans more than 7000 years and it was only in the 14th Century that the place came around as a trading town, a strategic port and as a pottery production centre – Julfar.
As a first-timer to there are certain places to visit in Ras Al Khaimah and specifications one must know in order to strike the right Ras Al Khaimah tour packagedeal.
1. Seawings offers seaplane services which transport you from Dubai to Ras Al Khaimah.
2. The currency in Ras Al Khaimah is the United Arab Emirates Dirham.
3. As one of the best Ras Al Khaimah tourist places, the Jebel Jais mountains are perfect for picnics and sunsets. Being the tallest mountain in the UAE, it has a temperature that remains consistently pleasant.
4. Thrilling water sports and deep sea fishing along the Arabian Gulf, RAK is a hotspot for beach and water activities.
5. Spending an evening at the Bedouin Oasis Camp in the desert is a lifetime experience as it provides an insight into the culture and life of the Arabic desert dwellers.
6. Heading out to the mangroves to kayak amongst the flamingos is an unforgettable experience.
7. Mountain activities like rock climbing and archery are available at the UAE’s highest mountain, Jebel Jais, which, being remote and rugged is perfect for hiking and discovering abandoned villages.
8. Sheikh Zayed Mosque and Al Jazirah Al Hamra are must visit places for architectural appreciation.
9. Select gourmet food like Lebanese mezze, hummus, mutabal, falafel, and tabouleh along with a brilliant selection of local cuisines to flatter your taste buds.
10. Opting for indulgent sessions at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa in Turkish style guarantees rejuvenation.
Since RAK boasts of a year-round sunshine and little rainfall, unique experiences such as the Falconry Show at Al Wadi, rock climbing, canyoning, trekking, wilderness survival, and raft building. The Bassata Desert camping experience should be on everybody’s Ras Al Khaimah holiday packages. The golden desert offers an Arabic escape in the form of Arabic barbecues, henna tattoos, belly dancers, fire eaters, camel riding, Tanoura dancers and quad biking through the sand dunes. You also have the option to camp overnight under the night sky.
Book a private charter flight with Seawings for an ultimate thrill seeking experience. Travel to Ras Al Khaimah City Corniche, Ras Al Khaimah Hamra, and Ras Al Khaimah Hilton Beach Hotel in a luxurious seaplane for a scenic tour of the Emirates landscape. You can also travel to the Ras Al Khaimah International Airport via a private charter flight.
Send a Message
Send us your query and one of our travel experts will get back to you shortly